School Council/Eco Team
Our School Council and Eco Team are a group of dedicated and confident children who have taken on a very important job in our school! They meet once every half term to discuss any questions posed by their peers and they also think of new ideas which may benefit their school.
The children have a duty to ensuring that the children and staff are all working hard to keep our Eco School promises! Each day they:
- Check that each class is doing their best to be energy efficient by turning off lights and computer monitors when not in use; that they are recycling paper; recycling their food waste in the school compost bin and recycle their milk bottles.
- Give out stickers to the children with healthy packed lunches.
- Once a week we also go on a litter pick in our school grounds.
- Present the Golden Table tickets to the winning children.
- To introduce and encourage playground games.
Here are the members of the School Council and Eco Team:
Last year we made a big effort to recycle more. Every class now recycles paper, plastic milk bottles and fruit waste. The staffroom also has a recycling bin for the teachers to use. Our efforts mean that we have reduced the number of wheelie bins we have each week. Not only is this a great achievement in our aims to be Eco Friendly but it also saved the school some money!