Our School believes that every child is entitled to enjoy his/her childhood. They should be valued for their individuality, culture and heritage. They should be encouraged to develop their full potential in a stimulating, caring but challenging environment.
Aims: We the staff, parents and governors aim to encourage each and every child in all aspects of learning by
- Working together as a team
- Raising standards for all abilities by addressing children’s developing needs through a foundation phase curriculum whilst retaining an emphasis on basic skills and ICT
- Developing pupils logical and creative thinking, curiosity and enthusiasm and encouraging independence and confidence
- Enhancing their positive attitudes to learning to support them in benefiting from educational opportunities later in their lives.
- Helping them become healthy, active citizens within their community
- Giving them the opportunity to learn what it means to be Welsh and to use the language in everyday activities
- Encouraging them to learn about other cultures, to respect and celebrate the multicultural community of Wales
- Promoting firsthand experience of solving problems and learning about conservation and sustainability through outdoor education
- Encouraging respect for others and personal self-esteem
We would wish the children to take with them happy memories of their early years with us.